Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bigjcw1023@gmail.com is offline

Default AM FM Antenna

I recently bought a powered antenna , the terk tower thing. Didnt do
crap. I have my amfm receiver in my basement and want to get decent
radio reception. I was thingking of building my own T antenna out of
300ohm wire for the FM and a loop for the am. Would it be better to
attach the T to the outside of the house (vinyl siding) and run to the
receiver? And then put the loop by the basement window. This would
be on the south side of the house. Thanks and any suggestions are
welcome. I also have a high pitch anywhere in the house for am
stations. Rather annoying!