Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

Default Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...or-280697-.htm
:

dar wrote:

i need to replace the motor on my bathroom fan. the brand name of the
fan is Aira which search of the internet reveals nothing.

in seeking a replacment motor can i just look for a similar motor with
shaft lenght and diameter (so the blade fits correctly)?? or is it
critical to also look at the RPM and current ratings?

unfortunately taking out the fan assembly to put in a new fan is not
an option i can undertake

my fan motor ratings are (and if anyone knows of a suitable
replacement i appreciate your providing that as well)

Model VSB-P90A
CCW
Stack = 0.85in
Shaft = 0.25in diameter
Shaft = 1.75in lenth

I would replace the entire fan assembly. A simpler one can be picked up
for $20 or $40 if you want it quieter. If you measure it carefully and get
lucky, you might find one that fits the existing frame. Otherwise install
the one that comes in the package.

Attaching the fan to the motor's shaft without disturbing the fan's
balance sounds like an impossible task and an off-balance fan's noise can
make you miserable real fast.

End of my 2c.
\//.