Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JimR JimR is offline

Default safe wood for spoons

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:21:00 -0800, wrote:

You want to use a tight grain wood.

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 19:56:43 -0500, "Rick Spivey"
wrote:

I did a search and didn't find anything about this. Maybe I don't know
what
I'm doing with the "Find" button, but here goes. I have some poplar, red
oak, pecan, and cherry. I want to make a stirring paddle for big pots of
food. Which one or more will make a good paddle that won't ruin the
food?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Beech is a very good choice for kitchen woodenware. Supposedly, beech
will not impart any taste to the food.

I knew they made airplanes -- are they making kitchenware too?