Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Ideas for filling gaps in threshold

On Jan 10, 5:53*am, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:
I would do none of those options.
I would take a router and cut out to the bottom of the lowest depth, say
1/2". Then cleanup the edges square with a chisel.

Then I would get a piece of wood to replace this section, (consider a
hardwood replacement which will stand up to time) .. same size, epoxy it

What he said.

But, I'd consider adhesive caulk instead of epoxy. You don't need
hardness
in the glue, you don't need high strength, you just need it to weather
well.
And the caulk will fill gaps around your patch if you don't get a
perfect precision fit...