Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Jigsaws

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Rob wrote:
I was looking for a 120v jigsaw in the $50 range. Local hardware
store
recommended the Skil 4390-01 (Amazon page he
http://www.amazon.com/Skil-4390-01-8.../dp/B000EB547Y
)

Any other ideas? Opinions on the Skil jigsaw?

Thanks!

Yeah, spend the extra for a Bosch. There is no other power tool in
which the difference in performance between cheap and good is as great
as the jigsaw.

I looked at that same Skil recently but decided to spend the extra money and
just got a Bosch 1591. Wow, I think I could write my name in plywood with
that baby, I didn't know a jigsaw could be that smooth. That old line about
only crying once when you pay for a good tool rather than crying every time
you try to use a cheap tool is now my official policy. ;^)