Posted to rec.woodworking
Jimbo Jimbo is offline

Default Hardwood Flooring

On Jan 9, 7:14 am, B A R R Y wrote:
Chris Friesen wrote:

Careful with borg flooring. The local one had a sale on some
prefinished birch.

It had zero warranty on the finish, and I could make permanent
impressions in the wood just by running my fingernail across it.

I'm no cheerleader for BORGs, but over the summer, I bought genuine
Bruce, prefinished solid 3/4" oak flooring, with a 25 year residential
warranty, from Home Depot for $2.39 sq/ft.

My floor has exactly the same warranty as the same product selling at
twice the price elsewhere.

I'd be careful, but there are decent deals to be had.

If you happen to have 300 - 400 sq. feet left over, I'd be happy to
take it off your hands