Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Ideas for filling gaps in threshold

blueman wrote:
....to repair a worn area subject to foot traffic...

I'm of the "cut 'n patch" bunch more than the epoxy fill for this
purpose, meself...

But, I'll throw out yet another option I've used in similar situation --
cut back the area to get an adequate depth and place an 1/8 up to 3/16"
plate as the wear surface. If wanted, can use an angle for the corner.

It's pretty easy as don't need as precise a fit underneath as for the
inserted wood patch so the difficulty of achieving the perfectly flat
bottom and square ends is minimized and it's a permanent fix.

Disadvantage is it has to be painted and doesn't blend in as the wood
repair can be made to do if that's important.