Posted to alt.woodworking, rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default Jigsaws

Any other ideas? Opinions on the Skil jigsaw?

Thanks!

Hate to say it considering your budget, but I agree with the other
replies. I upgraded from a B&D to a Bosch jigsaw, and the difference
is really amazing. Not just a "Chevy to BMW" type comparison - more
like a "Model T to BMW" comparison. The cheaper saws will cut wood,
but they're really different tools than the nice ones.
That said, you don't have to spend $150 on the newest bosch
(1590/1591). You can probably find one of their older ones (1584 or
1587) for significantly less. These don't have exactly the same
features as the 1590 (toolless blade change etc), but they're still
head and shoulders above the cheap saws in terms of quality and
performance. Try searching ebay for 'bosch (1584,1587)'. Based on
completed auctions, it looks like you should be able to get one for
less than $70 including shipping.
Hope this helps!
Andy