Jon Grimm

Default Cutting down a reamer shaft?

turning the shank is no big deal if you use a carbide cutter.
I'd recommend you add three flats for the chuck jaws. The 1/2" chuck will be
a bit beyond its clamping capacity, the flats will drive live a beast.

your next concern is spinning the #2 adapter in its bore...

"GMasterman" wrote in message
Boreing has not produced the finish that I am looking for. Looks like the

poly
is soft enough tat it springs back after the boring bar passes, leaving a

rough
surface. I have made many smaller bushings, bored or drilled, then reamed

end up with a slick finish that I could not produce any other way. I drill

with
a 3/4" drill bit, then ream to 0.750 and it comes out perfict every time.

Need
to reproduce the same results in 1". BTW, a fortsner bit yealds a better
surface that my indexable boring bar, but still not good enough to please

me.
Thanks!