Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Mike is offline

Default Banning incandescent lamps?

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 08:48:28 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

We use a 60 watt incandescent bulb in a well insulated outbuilding to
keep the well water works from freezing. Works just fine. When
extremely cold weather is expected, we change to a 100 watt bulb. Many
of our neighbors do the same. You can't use a compact florescent bulb
for that. I guess the light bulb police will let us use 1,000 watt
heaters instead.

Use an industrial cabinet heater, many times the cost of a light bulb
(say $20) but you'll only have to buy it once, they are self
regulating to maintain a set temperature and remove the need to change
it to a higher output when the temperature really drops.