Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default polybutylene plumbing

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:06:24 +0000, Sam wrote:

Sorry to reply to myself but looking around, the cheapest pipe seems
to be the Flopast PEX in Screwfix, part 54479 and 38914. I would have
preferred PB rather than PEX as I had read here that Pb was more
flexible. Are these prices good, and can I find better anywhere else?

Has anyone used Flopast pipe; is it any good?

Dunno, I use the Qualpex PB from screwfix which is cheap enough and nice
and flexible, whilst being a barrier pipe.

Also, I understand you need a special pipe cutter to cut Pb and PX
pipe. Can anyone show me a suitable (and cheap) one in Screwfix, so
that I know what I am looking for?

You can get away with a nice sharp pair of bypass secateurs (the sort
where the blades are like scissor blades but parrot-bill shaped). I did
for years before biting the bullet and buying 'proper' plastic pipe
cutters. The proper cutters are a bit easier to start a cut with.

--
John Stumbles

I can't stand intolerance