Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default polybutylene plumbing

In article , Sam
writes
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:49:43 -0000, "Grumps"
wrote:

Before Dr D replies, ignore him if he points you to one of these:

[hacksaws]

Thanks. I think I need something like part no. 59590 or the twice as
expensive 38389. For some reason I didn't find them last time I
looked.

The cheapie is fine for light use, mine was a tenner or so and of
similar design and has worked fine for 15mm pipe and 25mm water main
pipe.

I assume the second cutter was 34389

Just apply pressure smoothly and let the blade do the cutting.

I've only used PE-X so can't comment on PB but PE-X is pretty stiff, I
used JG Speedfit brand but bought it in quantity when it was on special
so got a good price. I wouldn't necessarily buy on price alone, compared
with the cost of other plumbing items/fittings, plastic pipe is cheap so
will contribute less to the total cost of the job.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla