Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing seals in sports car hardtop

robgraham wrote:
The seals need replacing in my wife's Mazda MX5 hardtop. I've got the
seals but I see that the original ones are held into the fibre glass
with a couple of pop rivets. On the soft top, the similar seals are
held in with screws.

I don't think I can get to the back of the holes so I'm assuming that
I'm going to have to use pop rivets again. I take it that they are
removable with the appropriate bit of judicious drilling ?

Thanks

Rob

yes. Normally if the steel inner has popped out, a 3mm or 3.2mm drill
will have them out.