Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default polybutylene plumbing

"Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

I am about to make my first attempt at plumbing with plastic pipe. I
am a bit confused about what fittings to use. I know to use the
correct Pb or PEX inserts.

I know I can use standard brass compression fittings and some of the
push fit for copper fittings say you can use them on plastic pipe too,
but I see there are also plastic push fit fittings: are these just to
join plastic to plastic or can they be used to join plastic to copper?

What is the best to use: compression? Are we still paranoid about push
fit?

Use good quality brass compression.

NHBC now stipulate that plastic pipe be wrapped in foil insulation, so metal
detectors can locate the pipe in walls and floors. May as well use copper
to begin with and use plastic for awkward situations.

Bes Part no: 17584
http://www.bes.co.uk

Link to the documentation for metallic tape with Hep2o:
http://content.wavin.com/WAXHW.NSF/pages/PDF_NHBCMetalTapeEN/$FILE/Hep2O_Metal_Tape.pdf