Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Home wind turbines dealt a blow

Huge wrote:
On 2008-01-09, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:

Sounds like some council flats I stayed in in Denmark. Had some kind
of waste burning boiler..
And you have to have a gob stopper in your mouth in order to speak the
language.....

I never bothered. Denmark is all right, but not for the whole afternoon..

Blimey, that's a bit strong. I worked in Copenhagen (well, OK, Bellerup) for a
while and I rather liked it. And them.

Oh the odd Dane you meet over here is all right. Its the depressing mass
of them all at once in their totally organised and oh so boring, But
very clean and tidy, little country.

My overriding impression was, that on taking a ferry to Sweden,for the
first time I saw a young couple *holding hands and smiling*

It was such a contrast it stuck in my mind.

I guess a counyty that is so depserately cold and dull, learns to regard
waste of energy in laughing and smiling, to be a Mortal Sin. I hear the
Finns are even worse. Sorry. I am a Latin at heart. Stick me somewhere
in Spain or Italy, with everybody yelling and screaming and laughing,
and I'll willingly trade teh neatness for a bit of passion..;-)