Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default low energy bulbs again - how low energy?

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 20:33:08 +0100 someone who may be David in
Normandy wrote this:-

I've been disappointed with low energy bulbs. They
don't seem to last any longer than ordinary filament bulbs

They do in the houses I look after. Perhaps there is something with
your electricity supply, or you are getting the lamps from a
supermarket.

They do in our house too. We mark each one with the date of start of use and
the source when we put them in a holder. Of course that doesn't measure the
number of hours used but we've found that they do last for many years. We've
been replacing our conventional lamps with them for years.

Halogens don't perform well.

Our latest experiments are with LEDS, so far we're very please but it's
early days.

Mary