Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default low energy bulbs again - how low energy?

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:10:08 GMT someone who may be "John"
wrote this:-

Is one problem with CFLs the fact that most light comes from the sides - an
incandescent bulb probably (due to the filament location)pushes most light
up and down (relative to the cap)

I think that would only be a particular problem to someone trying to
design one to produce a narrow beam of light. It would be difficult
to design a mirror to do that. Wide beams are no problem and are
also rather more useful in lighting houses.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh