Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Home wind turbines dealt a blow

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 05:50:02 -0800 (PST) someone who may be sigvaldi
wrote this:-

The heat in Iceland never comes straight from the ground.

Does the water in the pool in the second photograph at
http://www.snorrastofa.is/default.as...004%7C &tId=1
not come straight from the ground very nearby? From memory it
emerges from some rocks and goes down to the pool via a "pipe" made
of flat stones.

However, I accept that a fair proportion of hot water now comes from
further afield than was the case when many towns were first
established.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh