Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default low energy bulbs again - how low energy?

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:44:27 GMT someone who may be Mike Scott
wrote this:-

I'm curious. "Low energy" bulbs are very much in the news - but how much
extra energy is expended in their manufacture compared to a standard
incandescent? I assume it's more - so is there a real net /overall/
saving over the bulb life?

The people who have studied these things in detail say so and I
believe them. If you want to look at the figures try using a search
engine to study them.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh