Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default Part P needed?

On Jan 10, 8:50*am, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
* * * * RobertL writes:

The "required paperwork" would be the Building Control paperwork I
suppose, if yo uwere doing the work without Part P. * I did ask our
local BC about what to do if I wanted to do my own wiring and have
them inspect it. *The fee was £100 for each inspection. *He said that

They are not permitted to charge for the inspection,
nor can they require you to get it done at your expense.
This is now stated in Part P itself, although it has
always been the case. You already paid for it in the form
of the building notice fee.

Yes, sorry, I should have been clearer. The building notice fee was
£100 which included the inspection. If you wnated to do a series of
small jobs (every few months say) but to reconnect the electrics in
between them then they each had to be a separate job requiring a
separate £100 notice fee for each job.

Robert