Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Source for snowblower

My old snowblower died before finishing my drive this morning. I
figured it wouldn't be a problem getting a new one. Amazed, I could
only find 2 meeting my specs:

About 10 hp, 2 stage. My budget would stretch to around $1200. All I
found was 1 MTD (999) and one Crapsman at $799.

Googled Walmart, Shopko, Costco, (all "'snow blower not found" Sears
(in desparation) and tried ACE Hardware but had server problems,
Harbor freight, A surplus center. Will try ACE again this evening.

Even stopped at John Deere - they only had one, a 71/2 hp - not enough
of an upgrade from my old 5 hp. All others were listed as "sold out".

Any suggestions? I know I am missing something obvious here but age
and memory don't go together very well any more.

Harry K