Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin John Grossbohlin is offline

Default Compound angle Box Joint

"Snog" wrote in message
|I want to make a serving tray with angled sides and box / finger
| joints at the corners. I figured , cut the sides to length and at the
| angles I want. (15deg sides) Then to make a jig to hold pieces and
| tilt blade at same 15deg angle. Any tips on how to do this?

Not sure I can help with machine cut box joints, but I've been making one
from a nasty piece of cherry with handcut dovetails... I just put a couple
photos up on ABPW before it was glued up while test fitting the bottom. If
the pictures disappear before you see them Doug Stowe has them on his blog
at http://wisdomofhands.blogspot.com/20...1_archive.html.

Using the same philosophy for the box joints as for the dovetails the
fingers should be in line with the grain rather than with the miter cuts.

John