Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default low energy bulbs again - how low energy?

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 01:26:40 UTC, "OG" wrote:

If we compare 6000 hours of CFL useage at 25W with 6000 hours of GLS at
100W

A 25W GLS actually produces as much light as 100W incandescent? I think
not.

Assuming the very worst case (that the GLS bulb had absolutely no energy
cost at all), we can see that there is still a 420KWh lifetime benefit per
bulb. (70% reduction in electricity saving)

Disposal costs? Additional transport costs? (they're heavier). Just
pointing out that the picture is bigger..
http://www.diybanter.com