Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Dave Bugg" wrote in
:

Carl Nisarel wrote:
"Dave Bugg" muttered:

Carl Nisarel wrote:
Jim Yanik muttered:

Lott,Gary Kleck of FSU;IIRC,they were both ANTI_GUN before
they began their research.

Pure, unsubstantiated gunhugger myth.

The claims about Lott and Kleck's views on guns only came after
they posted their pro-gun research.

Feel free to post your cite supporting that statement.

Nice double-standard. Get back to me after Yanik produces his
evidence.

The weaseling doesn't work. Support your claim.

Yanik (and you) can easily prove that my statement is incorrect by
posting a statement, from a date prior to their gun research, from
Lott and/or Kleck where they say they were 'anti-gun'.

Straw man. It doesn't matter when the authors made their statement.

All claims that I have read from Lott or Kleck's where they say
that they were 'anti-gun' prior to their research were made
*after* they did the research.

So what? If you don't believe them, that's your opinion, not a matter
of fact.

IOW, they (and you) have no substantive evidence that shows that
they actually were anti-gun prior to their research.

I haven't looked, 'cause it's a non-issue. By the same token, the fact
that you say their is no evidence of such doesn't make it so. Please
find a statement, prior to their books, in which they stated that they
were pro-gun.

Their post-
hoc claims are nothing more than marketing for their books.

And your argument is just plain silly.

Consider that Kleck originally BEGAN his research to show guns were bad,and
then his research showed otherwise.If that were his FIRST gun research,he
would not have stated a position elsewhere before it.
It doesn't make any sense to go around stating you are anti-gun on non gun-
related topics.ESPECIALLY on non gun-related research papers.
At least he was honest enough to admit his anti-gun bias at all.

These fools are SO in denial....
I honestly believe that any legit research showing guns are good,useful
tools for ordinary decent citizens(ODCs) would not be accepted by these
fools,regardless of where it originated.
Thus,it being pointless to have discourse with them,I killfile them.
Catl has been in the KF for a long time.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik