Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Default Electric water heater problem?????

Dr.

I have not tested the power with the wires disconnected, only at the
thermostat and at the upper element and I get 220 volts. I did not think it
to test the wires while disconnected. Is that necessary??

You question my abilities/ - ha ha - Right now I question my abilities.

cm

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

"CM" wrote in message
OK folks I have repaired many electric water heaters in my 18 years as a
handyman and have never ran into one that I couldn't fix. The best part
is I am doing this for free for a friend that is out of work.

First I replaced both elements and upper/lower thermostats and flushed
the water heater because it would not make hot water. It still didn't
heat the water. I went back over today and changed them all out again and
it still doesn't work. Yes it has power to it , right up to the top
element. What am I missing?

Thanks

I know this sounds like I am questioning your ability, but if you
disconnect the line (coming from the panel) from the heater, are you
definitely getting 208/240?

Just a suggestion.....

cm