Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default General Permit Question

SteveB wrote:
I live in a rural area. Very rural. There is a county building inspector,
and permits are required for new construction on structures for human
habitation.

Where is the line that separates outbuildings, sheds, pole barns and such
from dwellings? When does it become an issue to go and get a permit? When
you have a foundation? When you add electric or plumbing? I want to make a
pole barn, and to cover some work areas. I know this will vary greatly from
location to location, but are there any standard rules that apply across the
board?

It depends entirely on the wording of the local ordinance adopted.
They'll be more than happy to tell you or you could go get a copy of the
rules and read them for yourself.