Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] do_see@do.com is offline

Default 2008 Pres

CJT wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

CJT wrote:

No, it's not. It is obvious if you look at the nutcases leading
your party.

I'm not having a party. But if it's the Republicans party you mean,
then yes, there are a few nutcases in there.

Yep. We've got Ron Paul. A few years ago, we had David Duke. It's not
only a big tent, the flaps on all the side are open.

The Democratic Party resembles the inmate population of a
penetentiary; you've got the Brothers, the Latinos, the White
Supremists, and so on. The only thing they have in common is the
prison. Sometimes, they'll work together - as in the case of a riot -
but mostly the pursue their own agendas.

The Republican camp is made up of four distinct groups: The social
conservatives, the economic conservatives, the small-government
conservatives, and the war-mongering neocons. The social conservatives
(prayer in school, anti-abortion, etc.) don't care too much about
economic issues, but are happy to cooperate with the econcomic
conservatives. The economic conservatives (free markets, less
regulation, free trade, etc.) don't care too much about social issues
and willingly cooperate with the socials. This alliance often works.

The Democrats consist, mainly, of groups that hate each other, but get
together to win elections. For example, the environmentalist oppose
oil exporation in Alaska while the unions heartily endorse it. The
Democrat groups often work at cross-purposes, but somehow manage to
prevail about half the time.

In a nutshell: Democrats tend to provide for the general welfare
through the treasury, Republicans tend to promote the general welfare
through the economy.

The Democrats think everybody should have a chance to do well. The
Republicans think the already well-off should keep all they have and get
more, regardless of merit, at the expense of the "unwashed masses."
That's what's "conservative" about it -- conserve the relative positions
of everybody -- keep the rich rich and the poor poor.

20 years ago I would have agreed with you. Today I don't. I have a small
business and Republicans have mostly made it easier for my small
business to exist and to prosper. Of course I have to work hard and do
all the right things but they make it possible. The Dems, on the other
hand, seem to have the opinion that because I work hard and make money
that I should give a large share to those who don't have the ambition to
work 14 to 16 hours a day. Seems the harder I work, the more roadblocks
are put in my way in the form of taxes and regulations. While I agree
that taxes should exist to ensure vital infrastructure, I don't agree
that they should exist so that some can sit around drinking, smoking pot
and crack all day long and make babies for me to support with my taxes.
Now I'm not referring to those who simply can't work or take care of
themselves. I gladly pay out to help those people. I'd rather do it
voluntarily through various charitable organizations but never the less,
I feel the obligation to help these people.
I am, by no means, rich. My current goal is to gross $150,000 this year.
20 years ago, I worked for an employer 40 hour weeks and grossed
$25,000.00. I paid very little taxes, in percentage to what I pay now
but I am much happier because I am totally self sufficient.
Sorry. This is getting too long.