Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default OT: Education--one question for all the responders

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
For decades, we've been accommodating the tender sensibilities of
the *students* in K-12, we've failed to hold parents accountable
for their end of the education process, and we've let the NEA
mafia hijack the process to serve their political ends. We now
reap what we've sown. The only fix is to go back to local/private
schools and make the connection much more clear between those
who pay for education, those who conduct education, and the
results they produce.

I thought the solution was more money. All we ever hear is how we don't
spend enough on education and how we need new buildings and new computers.

Education sure went to hell when the draft dodgers became teachers to avoid
Viet Nam, later became administrators, and the politically correct factions
came in. We really have to get back to basics and demand an education and
don't push kids ahead that have not learned in the grade they were in.

I just hope I did not hurt anyone's self esteem with my post. That would be
bad for them.

You may have also failed to properly norm for socio-economic
variations, gender bias, the oppressive white males, and
the general lack of transgressive inclusivity, nor have you
demonstrated sufficient multicultural sensitivity. I, for one,
am shocked, just shocked by this display ...

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/