Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default low energy bulbs again - how low energy?

Derek Geldard wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:15:06 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Mike Scott" wrote in
message ...
I'm curious. "Low energy" bulbs are very much in the news - but how
much extra energy is expended in their manufacture compared to a
standard incandescent? I assume it's more - so is there a real net
/overall/ saving over the bulb life? If so, how much?

Sounds as though you're snatching at a straw as a reason for not
using them

Blimey, if it's not a "New Ice Age" it's "Global Warming" we've got
used to that, but we never expected "The Dark Ages" to come back.

I cannot believe you are criticising him for simply asking for help in
obtaining the knowledge he needs to make an informed choice.

The Green lobby don't really want people to have the knowledge to make an
informed choice - it would show that most of their claims don't stand up.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk