Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default low energy bulbs again - how low energy?

In message , Clive George
wrote
"David in Normandy" wrote in message
.. .

Ditto. I've been disappointed with low energy bulbs. They
don't seem to last any longer than ordinary filament bulbs
and the equivalent light output claimed is just plain
wrong. So where a good light level is wanted such as the
main living room and bathroom I've switched back to
ordinary bulbs. It's nice to be able to see again!!!

You could always recognise the fact that the equivalent light outputs
are always an overestimate, and choose a more sensible replacement
based on that - eg 27W rather than 22W.

Consider also bulbs with a different temperature colour the 'dull' low
energy bulbs are all around 2700K colour temperature. I've fitted some
6500K bulbs - the light is much whiter.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com