Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Compound angle Box Joint

Meant to add a link http://www.jdstools.com/index.asp?Pa...n=Custom&ID=14

On Jan 9, 9:56*am, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
Wow, my brain hurst trying to envision this. Very cool problem. Pretty
hard to explain my thought in writing but...

I think you ar right to cut the miter and the bevel first. Yes typical
ox joint jig with with following modifications.

1. Tilted blade
2. the back fence needs to tilt back at the same angle as the end
bevel (22.5?) so the joining face of the miter cuts ar flush to the
table suface of the jig.
3. The parts will be right and left. The inside face of the box will
be against the fence. You need to make the first stop and the little
offset block symetrical and moveable from right to left.

Or buy a multi router. They don't show that specific joint but I think
it would do it utilizing the tilting table and box joint template

On Jan 9, 8:35*am, Snog wrote:

I want to make a serving tray with angled sides and box / finger
joints at the corners. *I figured , cut the sides to length and at the
angles I want. (15deg sides) Then to make a jig to hold pieces and
tilt blade at same 15deg angle. Any tips on how to do this?- Hide quoted text -