Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Martin Bill Martin is offline

Default Good vertical bandsaw?

Karl Townsend wrote:
I got one of these off ebay for $440 a couple years ago.
http://www.rollinsaw.com/band_saws/E...l_band_saw.htm

One lovely saw. If you've got time,start watching for one.

Karl

Totally agree! I've had one for umm, 20+ years now it seems. Only trouble ever has been
the "rubber bands" around the blade wheels kept popping in cold weather. Fixed that by
gluing a cut to length serpentine belt onto the wheels... believe it or not, this is very
durable and round enough to not bother the bearings in the saw wheels.
That saw is about the best $75 + about $200 in new bearings I ever spent on tools!
--
Bill