Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Of Interest -metalworking..uranium

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:28:36 -0600, F. George McDuffee
wrote:
snip
While if true (as it appears to be) this is indeed a major
concern, however the more immediate, and therefore more dangerous
situation, is the administration's attempt to generate a "Son of
Tonkin" or "Tonkin II" situation and panic congress into passing
a resolution to justify a pre-emptive war with Iran.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080108/...7kZf3rH2Cs0NUE
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...tory?track=rss

snip
===============
several people have pointed out that it can be argued that the
WMD fiasco was "Tonkin II" or "Son of Tonkin," and we are
actually working on Tonkin III, sorta like the Rambo series.....

for the youngsters in the group who don't recognize the "Tonkin"
reference click on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Resolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Incident

follow-up to my own post.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080109/...LSWGs4hFtvaA8F

I have not been able to locate the entire video for review, but
the bits and pieces I have seen appear similar to the home videos
that "prove" UFOs exist.

The short excerpts I have seen have been low definition, similar
to cell phone videos, choppy, and do not appear to show any US
Navy ships in the background or US Navy equipment in the
foreground as would be expected. Also, Iranian/Revolutionary
Guards markings, flags or insignia are also not seen on the
"attack boats." From the video I have seen, the "attack boats"
could just as easily been drug runner fast boats videoed by the
DEA while avoiding capture, or even some of the idle rich evading
the Coast Guard.

The US Navy now admits the audio was dubbed from a separate
recording and that the entire video as released is a
compilation/composite.

Given the very tense situation (and highly skeptical public), why
are continuous 360 degree high definition video and audio
surveillance recordings, including GPS and radar data not
required on every individual US navel vessel in the area? It
can't be because of cost.

To come back to cell phones for a moment, has anyone heard/seen
of any personal pictures or videos taken of this "attack?"