Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default low energy bulbs again - how low energy?

Roger Mills says...

I've not yet found a low energy light bulb which comes anywhere near the
claimed tungsten equivalent for light output.

Ditto. I've been disappointed with low energy bulbs. They
don't seem to last any longer than ordinary filament bulbs
and the equivalent light output claimed is just plain
wrong. So where a good light level is wanted such as the
main living room and bathroom I've switched back to
ordinary bulbs. It's nice to be able to see again!!!
Perhaps its time to start stocking up on 100 watt filament
bulbs.
--
David in Normandy