Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Jones Steve Jones is offline

Default Loose lay insulation under a flat roof?

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 08:03:47 -0800, geraldthehamster wrote:

On Jan 9, 3:47Â*pm, sm_jamieson wrote:
On 9 Jan, 15:27, "Steve Jones" wrote:

Whatever you put in, if it is a soft sheet material, you need to
"pull" it in rather than push it (e.g. rockwool etc). Fix a stick to
the end of the material going in first, and use the stick to place it.
You may need to use flexible rods I guess.
You could put in some poly beads, and just push them in bit by bit.
ensuring they do not clog.
But make sure you are maintaining any required ventilation and vapour
barriers etc.
Simon.- Hide quoted text -

I agree about the pulling. You used to be able to get lengths of rock-
wool type insulation in red plastic covers - I'm sure you still can
(B&Q?) - which would obviate the problem of disintegration.

Regards
Richard

Thanks for the replies.

Do you know of any bead or loose fibre products that I could
be pushed in?

Steve.

--
Steve