Posted to cam.misc, uk.d-i-y
The Luggage The Luggage is offline

Default Naming computers

On 31 Dec 2007, 19:44, Lobster wrote:

My PC's called Grolsch (as may or may not be evident from the header of
this post); the kids have Boddingtons and the laptop's called Stella.

Next?

My old department called its Suns one. two. three. and so on. I think
they gave up at seventeen. Then they went on to football grounds for
the PCs. Got quite obscure by the time they had 40 of them...

Some colleges allowed you to request names (within certain bounds of
taste etc). Pick and dura were two early examples frommy college. I'll
leave someone else to work out which college...

TL