Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Possibly erroneous paint observation

"David L. Martel" wrote in message
Joe,

Unless you were there when the previous owner bought the paint it seems
silly to assume that the cans where originally sold in 2003 or that the
paint cans were not damaged to begin with. My limited experience is that
paint cans stored out of the elements don't rust in just a few years. That
these cans have leads me to wonder how old the cans are. how the cans were
stored et c. These are things that you don't know.

Dave M.

True, he could've bought them in 1997 and waited until 2003 to paint. My
comments are based on what they said when I first toured the house in 2004.
"We painted last year". It's more than a few cans, though. A total of 8
from two different sources, Behr and Sears. All damaged?