Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default looking to replace B&D 1/4 corded drill

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:13:28 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus306 quickly quoth:

As others noticed, 1/4" corded drills cost nothing at garage sales and
liquidations. They are not adequate for very many real life needs. I
would frankly look for at least 3/8" capacity, which will still cost
you next to nothing.

Someone gave me an extra 3/8" B&D drill motor and I tossed a $10 HF
1/2" chuck on it. I use it for drilling deep holes in houses or RR
ties with my HF augers. The front bearing is leaking its stinky lube
but it's still the Everready bunny of drill motors.

--
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great