Posted to uk.d-i-y
Skipweasel Skipweasel is offline

Default Solar Heating / Wind Power / Solar Power / UK Grants

In article , says...
And I must be off to divorce my wife, having woken up with a splitting
headache to once again find that she has opened the bedroom window and
the hot air heaters are flapping full bore..

Luckily mine doesn't object to having the bedroom radiators off and the
window open except on /very/ windy nights. She just has a thicker duvet
than me.

Does everyone else have their heating off over night? I used to think
this was fairly normal, but looking out over the rooftops on a not
particularly cold night recently I noticed that many houses still had
plumes from their chimneys. Now, if they were houses with grannies in, I
could probably understand it, but several of them I know have families
with a couple of fit adults and a few school age kids.

I wouldn't like their gas bills.

--
Skipweasel.
Never knowingly understood.