Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Possibly erroneous paint observation

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
I wonder if, in addition to getting better paint when you spend a little
more money, you also get a container that lasts longer, so a few years
later, the paint is still useful.

Interesting point. I'm sure cans are available in different grades and
with di different coatings. Probably not a concern if you use it all up,
but I've had paint contaminated by rust when I wanted to do a touch up a
year later.

I looked at a few more of the other guy's paint cans tonight, and found that
on a few, the entire lid is rusted, not just the edges where he obviously
abused them. These cans have the same 2003 date mark as the others.