Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Education

"charlieb" wrote

Wonder what would happen if we paid the best teachers the most money
to teach in the "worst areas" - AND provided them with the resources
they'd need. At $150,000 per year in salaries and overhead, it'd only
take four Not Bound For Prison Graduates per teacher per year to
become cost effective.

Wouldn't do a damn bit of good ... throwing more money at the problem will
get you more of what you've got already. Teachers, and their salaries, are
only half the problem ... and we have about two generations of irresponsible
parents to overcome..

Better to give parents an economic choice by letting education funds follow
the kid, instead of the school.

IOW, open up education to competition and let the parents decide where to
best spend education dollars by giving them the economic choice to send
their kids to schools that have a proven ability to actually educate, public
or private.

Once that $150,000 in your plan above is free to reward those who actually
_educate_, is when you will finally see a "ROI".

.... tuppence provided, free of charge.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07