Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default looking to replace B&D 1/4 corded drill

"Ace" wrote in
:

I dropped my 'old' Black & Decker 1/4 inch drill motor (now called
corded drill ???), and broke the brush holder among other things.
Tore down and put brush back (even though holder itself was
'missing'). Seemed like a good fix untill I drilled 3 holes the other
day. Then it quit again, with the telltale smell of burnt electrical
????

So, after Google search, visit to Walmart, Lowes, Ace Hardware, and
check at Sears.com, I haven't been able to locate a replacement!

Does anyone know where a 1/4 inch corded drill (relatively cheap) can
be obtained? Or am I looking for something that is no longer
manufactured? Yes, there are a few out there, but at $100 dollars and
up, not for my occasional need once or twice a year.

Thanks in advance,
Ace

Are you looking for a 1/4" for its size or its speed?

Single-speeds @ 2500-3000 RPM are available with a 3/8" chuck for as low as
$10.

Variable speeds @ 0-1200 RPM are available with a 3/8" chuck for as low as
$20.

Small-sized units all seem to be either battery-powered or pneumatic.

The 1/4" chuck size seems to be well on its way to extinction.