Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default looking to replace B&D 1/4 corded drill

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 20:09:40 GMT, "Ace"
wrote:

Funny you should ask. That was exactly what was on my Christmas wish
list.
Mine was so old it had the cord that was 12" long. I got so sick of
the cord being so short.
The short cord wasn't a bad idea because you needed an extension cord
anyway. But the plug kept getting caught on the edge of the workbench.

I pulled it out and installed a cord about 6' long from a hand mixer
that gave up the smoke. The drill has fast rpm's so it was great for
drilling small holes, until I got the cord wrapped around the chuck
and now it don't work no more.
Didn't get one for Christmas. Wife couldn't find one.
I'll be curious to see the responses to your inquiry