Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Immersion Heater

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
John wrote:
Had a call from a relative today - it sounds like the immersion
heater has packed up. I will go and confirm, but I don't want to get
into replacing it (too much risk of sods law kicking in and the thing
will be stuck and the tank will rip!)

Check to see that the reset hasn't tripped. Quite common.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

See my follow on note.

Incidentally - no reset on it. Just a thermostat. so in light of the scalded
baby I guess it should be changed.

Is the reset trip in the same tube as an existing thermostat - or will it
mean a new heater?

Just looking at switches and wondering if it needs a fused / switched
outlet. Possibly just a switch as the circuit is 16 amp MCB protected.