Grant Erwin

Default More South Bend lathe questions

During the 1980s South Bend, like most companies, tried taking manufacturing
to Taiwan. I would bet this is one of those. I wouldn't buy that lathe for
four grand with zero tooling, no way Jose. For that kind of money you can
get a real nice lathe these days. Buy one from a company that doesn't need
it and forget ebay. If I wanted a big hobby lathe like this one I'd bid
this one all the way up to about $1500. And homey wants *waaay* more that
that.

Grant

James B. Millard wrote:
Has anybody seen this lathe on E-Bay? I've not seen a South Bend like this,
are they any good?

Thanks!

Brad