Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default IR over Coax

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:16:02 -0500, **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**
wrote:

Beware of any of these products when using a cable box or satellite
receiver. I bought a "Hidden IR" system from Smarthome last year and
found out that my cable remote used a 56 kHz subcarrier which was higher
than the frequency response of the "Hidden IR" system. Ultimately I was
able to exchange for different hardware that worked, but the
incompatibility was not well advertised in the marketing by Smarthome
and I spent several days trying to figure out why the cable remote only
worked in a narrow angle from the IR pick up.

[snip]

Thanks for the caveat!

Looking at the pricing, it seems high enough to entice _even_me_ to
roll my own ;-)

http://www.mcminone.com/search.asp?keyword=&restrict=1000201&MODE=1

Or just chuck it all, put a nice bottle of wine on the table and play a
card game ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/