Posted to rec.woodworking
Stewart Schooley Stewart Schooley is offline

Default Education

"Joe" wrote in message
. net...

There are too many schools in this country where 1/3 of the students show
up to be students,1/3 shows up to hang out and 1/3 doesn't show up.

It's time to separate students into different schools according to their
motivation and to give up the idea that if we spend enough money we can
save everybody.

Stewart

I don't have the solution, but that has to be the biggest bunch of hooey
I've ever read.

jc

jc,

I have 33 years experience in education. How about you?

I may have used a pretty broad brush for purposes of brevity, but I am right
on target in stating the major problem in education today.

Can't you see that Swingman has it right? The sad truth is that too many
parents have relegated their children into being "hewers of wood and drawers
of water" and their isn't enough money or knowledge of what to do that will
correct this.

It is sad, but never the less we can't allow those who don't want to learn
to disrupt those who do.

Stewart