Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew May Andrew May is offline

Default Part P needed?

Brian wrote:
Well, I would just go ahead and do it as long as you know what you are
doing (for safety's sake). Since no-one will ever ask about it, why
worry? If anyone does ask, well it was done years ago, wasn't it?
If you want an example of how a government can really cock up
regulations, just look at part P. Now if they had spent the same time
promoting those lottle devices which find cables etc buried in walls,
they would have done far more good, and probably saved some lives too.

Has anyone actually been prosecuted under Part P in the three years
which it has been in force? I don't mean prosecuted for putting in a
dangerous installation but prosecuted for putting in an installation
that fully complies with the wiring regulations but without filling in
the required paperwork?

Andrew