Grant Erwin

Default Ideas needed for take a part joints

Forge the corner pieces from bronze? I hear bronze forges OK .. - GWE

Lane wrote:

As a hobby I make items out of copper and manage to sell a few items a year.
I've recently had an inquiry for one of my items but with some
modifications. I've made a few copper pyramids for people that believe in
such things to be used in meditation and other metaphysical/mystical uses.
You can see a picture at
http://www.copperaccents.com/Product...r_Pyramid.html

I've had requests to make one that comes apart for traveling as well as a
smaller version that comes apart. The only way I can think of doing this is
to have the four corner pieces cast with male stubs that the copper tubing
would slide over. However I have no means of doing any casting, plus I've
heard of some inherent problems with melting and casting copper as opposed
to aluminum which is easy to do.

Anyone care to share ideas that come to mind on this? Thanks as always for
sharing your vast amount of knowledge on the subject of metalworking. I've
learned a lot on this NG, political posts notwithstanding.

Lane