Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Steve is offline

Default 13" planer

Jeff wrote:
I get all my rough cut planed at the dealer but I'm considering a
desktop planer for small jobs, resizes and planing after resawing.
This planer has a desireable price and fits my needs: http://tinyurl.com/298bu7

The blades are a concern. Anybody know how long they last on
hardwoods? I'm using mostly walnut, sugar maple and cherry. I don't
think DeWalt makes carbide blades for it. Could I get third-party
carbide blades?

Cheers,
Jeff

I've had my DW735 for over two years, and have used it on hard maple,
walnut, bloodwood, wenge, several varieties of rosewood, koa - among
others, and I haven't even had to switch to the second edge on the
original blades yet. I'm still getting a nice finish. I always run it
at the slower feed rate. Great machine, IMHO.

--Steve